View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 11:41 AM   #98
tshiggins

Default Re: Campaign: Facets

(continued...)

As such, he saw the opportunity to set the nunnupi up for an ambush, using the humans as unwitting bait, in exchange for favors from the zips. While he didn't know the outcome of the ambush, his part of that had gone exactly as promised – hence the fox's pleasure at the events of the evening.

Thoroughly irritated, at this point, Frank and Jimmy told the fox to get lost, before they shot him. The foxed chuckled and started to trot away. He paused for a moment, looked back over his shoulder, and warned Henrietta that, no matter what, she needed to stay away from the coyotes. (“They’ll really screw ya!”)

With that, the fox disappeared into the predawn gloom.

The party trudged on and, as the sun peeked above the horizon, reached the end of the trail and saw several meandering paths branch off from it. The group found a decent campsite, close by, and set watches for the desert day.

About an hour into the first watch, Hops About and Twirls Thrice appeared, battered, bloody and bruised, with painful-looking rents and tears in their wings, but still looking quite satisfied with themselves. They’d said the fight had been a good one, with lots of coups counted on both sides and a fair amount of spilled blood, but they’d given better than they’d gotten.

With that, the two sisters fluttered fluttered tiredly up amongst the remaining leaves of a scrub oak, curled up and went to sleep for the day.

The next evening passed quietly, and the nunnupi soon had the group on the last of the straight tracks needed. They’d also passed out of zip territory, which eliminated that difficulty, and the group found itself back at the marsh at about daybreak.

They knew they only needed to travel a few more hours to reach the point in Faerie that corresponded to Moab, and asked the nunnupi to push on into the day. The sisters agreed, and about three hours later, the sunburned and dehydrated group found itself splashing through the stream that led to the fish pond on A.J.’s property, about a mile away.

The tired and footsore party walked another 15 minutes, and soon found themselves in A.J.’s kitchen. They took a few moments to rest and get some water, and then Frank and A.J. hopped in the trooper’s patrol vehicle parked in the driveway, and headed over to the state patrol station.

Shortly before 6 a.m., and about four hours after his initial call for help, A.J. and Frank walked into the trooper station and asked the sergeant what he knew about the engineer’s missing SUV.

Down in Texas, the Yellow Cab had yet to reach Amarillo.

With that, the session ended.

##

Funny Quotes

<GM speaks for the dryad.>
Kyle <OOC>: I can’t look you in the face when you use that voice, man!

Kyle <OOC>: Oh, hell no! I ain’t playin’ baby-daddy for some other oak trees! Don’t make a 16-year-old be a dad! That never works out, well!
<For the next five minutes, various tree and plant-related puns and sexual innuendoes get tossed around the room.>

Frank: What’s the worst that could happen? We plant the seed and it turns into that thing from Hellboy, we jump through the portal, and go play cowboys and Indians!
GM: You mean the Forest God?
Frank: Yeah, that!

GM<to A.J.>: So, you see them standing on the edge of the lake, wet from the knees, down.
Jimmy: The same as we were, back at the tree.

GM<dithers a moment, trying to figure out if Jimmy needs to make a roll to resist seduction, given that he only has the standard one-point quirk for lechery common to all teenaged boys.>
G&AInc. <to Benjamin, Sam and Mike’s five-year-old son, who attends the session with his parents>: Hey, Ben! What do you think the roll should be?

Randy: Hey, I’m not trying to play the blame-game thing.
Frank: Of course you don’t want to play the blame-game thing, when it’s your fault!

<The group discusses using Frank’s Healing spells, so the injured Randy could accompany them through the hazards of Faerie.>
Frank: I wouldn’t use it, anyway! You’re the whole reason I owe favors, now!

G&AInc <who drives a cab, IRL>: Hell, yeah! For a thousand dollars, you'd get me for anything. I'd take you home, paint your house, mow your lawn and clip your hedges!

<The group gets ready to go back into Faerie.>
A.J.: So, we’ve got to watch out for ROUSes?
Frank <doesn’t miss a beat>: I don’t think those actually exist, but there are other things you’ve got to watch out for….

<Jimmy reluctantly takes the acorn from the dryad.>
A.J.: All I can hear in my head is, “I am Groot!”
Henrietta: I just saw the little tree, dancing in the park to Michael Jackson.
Frank: Turn on some of this, dude!

<During the interaction with the dryad.>
Jimmy: “Wood” is a very hard subject for us to discuss, right now.
Frank: Yeah, it drives us nuts.
<More plant-fertility puns ricochet around the room.>

Henrietta<observing the interaction with the dryad, as it tries a second time to seduce Jimmy>: Um, did Doc Bascher say this was okay?
Frank: Splinters would be easier to deal with than the clap.

Kyle<OOC>: I still can’t look at your face when you use that voice!

A.J.: Wait. We have to keep watch, but if we see any fae deer, we’re screwed?
Frank: That’s right. As a matter of fact, let’s do the watches blind-folded, and just listen!

Henrietta: It sounds like it’s going to be a rough trip.
G&AInc <OOC>: By the standards of people who live in Moab, it’s going to be difficult.

Frank: When the fish start talking, the whole situation has already gone sideways!

Mike: Ahk! Urg! Aaah! <Other inarticulate grunts and screams of pure frustration, as he realizes the group probably has no choice but to walk into a likely ambush.>
Samantha <OOC>: What was that?!
Mike <OOC>: I don’t know! But it’s how I feel!

GM: Wait! I finally understand Mike’s character! He’s playing Jayne Cobb!

Anten <OOC>: That needs to be the title of this session’s write-up! “The Fox Says, ’Hey.’”

G&AInc <OOC>: Most of this session’s write-up is going to consist of just the funny quotes.

Last edited by tshiggins; 06-18-2016 at 11:47 AM.
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote