View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 11:06 AM   #34
whswhs

Default Re: Psionic Powers: Question about a build

Okay. Let me give you all the actual builds I'm comparing. The first assumes that the preparation time modifier is wiped out by making Warp the effect of an Affliction; the second assumes you have to buy it down to "none" before it can be the effect of an affliction.

Assuming the teleporter has IQ 11, Will 11, and Teleportation Talent 1,

he can teleport an object weighing up to 24 pounds up to 100 yards away from himself;
he has to win a Quick Contest of Will+Talent 12 vs. the object's HT to make the attempt;
he has to roll IQ (12) to send it up to 10 yards, IQ-1 (11) for up to 20 yards, or IQ-2 (10) for up to 100 yards, which is his limit;
he can send it to a place he sees over CCTV, or to one he's visited but can't see, at a -2 penalty to IQ, but only within his range limit.

Here are the two builds:

Statistics: Affliction 1 (HT; Advantage: Warp (Exoteleport, -50%; Mental Carrying Capacity, +20%; Range Limit, 100 Yards, -40%), +300%; Malediction, -1/yard, +100%; Melee Attack, Reach C, -30%; Psionic, -10%) [46].

Statistics: Affliction 1 (HT; Advantage: Warp (Exoteleport, -50%; Mental Carrying Capacity, +20%; Range Limit, 100 Yards, -40%; Reliable, +10, +50%), +800%; Malediction, -1/yard, +100%; Melee Attack, Reach C, -30%; Psionic, -10%) [86].

The only difference is that the first one assumes the instantaneous effect is automatic; the second assumes you have to buy it. (If he didn't buy it, he would be rolling at IQ-10 or worse, which would make the power useless. . . .)

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote