View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 09:14 PM   #42
Rick_Smith

Default Re: Experience Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarg View Post
... But that's not what I was talking about. My conjecture is that with this new system with no IQ limits, and increasing and capped attribute expansion, that it will be more tempting than in original TFT for experienced fighters to learn spells (since in old TFT there was a pretty hard limit at 3 memory points because a fighter doesn't want to put too many points in IQ, and there are nice non-spell talents for them to get). If it's just 300 EP to get a spell, but it's going to be 1500 EP to get the next attribute increase, or you've reached 40 attributes, and if there aren't more nifty talents to get, I think experienced fighters may start to favor getting spells... if they forgo that 1500 +1 DX for a while, they could get 5 spells for that, which no original-TFT fighter would do because it'd take 15 memory points!

(So I was thinking it might be good if higher-IQ spells cost even more EP, which would also be tripled for non-wizards, slowing down what I'm concerned may be a non-wizard spell-bloat phenomenon that might be annoying. Certainly if that Healing spell doesn't get nerfed, I forsee every hero wanting to get Aid so they can give the healing wizard power to heal them with...)
Hi Everyone, Skarg.
In the new TFT why would anyone take a fighter? Heroes pay 3:1 for spells, and Wizards pay 2:1 for talents (except a lot of useful talents are 1:1).

I was hoping that attribute bloat would be addressed to make TFT work better with the elder game. But the elder game (at least as far as gaining attributes has been eliminated), so advanced characters will just buy more and more languages, talents and spells.

Given that wizards get a huge reduction in experience costs buying talents and spells, compared with heroes, I think that heroes will be marginalized.

Your idea of tougher spells costing more experience I like. Someone else previously suggested that the experience cost to learn a spell is based on the IQ of the spell.

(Say: IQ of spell x 25 experience points.)

I like this idea, tho it does not help the 'wizards dominate heroes' problem.

Warm regards, Rick.
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote