View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
thom

Default Help with pricing new Advantage

OK, so I've decided to allow the Trained by a Master advantage (only at creation), but not Weapon Master. And those with TBAM get the reduced penalties for rapidstrike, parries, are allowed to make multiple blocks, and parries with 2-handed weapons and so on. While I really like the Extra Effort in Combat rules, I don't want to restrict them just to those with TBAM, and I definitely don't want everyone to be able to use them.

Soo...I'm trying to design an advantage for PCs (and NPCs) who don't want to spend for TBAM but who do want to be able to use Extra Effort in combat. The cost should be enough that you have to think about it, but (obviously) not too close to TBAM.

Mercenary/Militia/Warror Trained
10 points? / 5 points?
You have had advanced training in the art of combat. While you are not a master by any means, you have learned various abilities that put you a 'cut above' the average soldier.
With this advantage you can use the Extra Effort in Combat rules. You can also make multiple Blocks, just as if you had the TBAM advantage.

So what do y'all think about the price vs. the benefits? Any improvements would be greatly appreciated!
thom is offline   Reply With Quote