Originally Posted by Figleaf23 View Post
I'm interested in:

-language
-Odin/runes
-consciousness
-Carlos Castaneda's concept of 'sorceror'
-the iterative role of consciousness/reality in mutual self-construction
-the notion that language mediates the above
-the notion that the more chthonic the language, the more it may do the above, yea unto to the extent of sustaining/generating 'magic' effects
-using proto-indo-european (PIE) as an example of such cthonic language for game purposes.

In this regard, I'd like to consult the 'hivemind' -- how should I approach reading Thaumatology to take a direct route to building the above as the magical paradigm for a campaign?
As Refplace already said, check out Syntactic and Realm Magic, for sure. Symbol Magic kind of hits on some stuff, too. You might also want to peruse Path/Book magic and just twist the flavoring a bit. Honestly, though, I don't know how many times I've read that book, and I still haven't wholly digested it. You might find a better way to work your magic we're missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figleaf23 View Post
I'm also curious if there are any parts of the book that deal with concepts of what Magery 'is'.
Not so much. There's lots about how you can tweak it and different approaches to magery and that to which it grants access, but no fluffy explination. I won't get into mechanics as I'm sure you know far more about GURPS than do I.

Free Stuff:
Dungeon Action!
Totem Spirits

My Blog: Above the Flatline.
Humabout is offline   Reply With Quote