View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 05:34 AM   #8
Figleaf23
Banned

Default Re: [Thaumatology] A purposive exploration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
You should read Thaumatology cover-to-cover, say Oh Wow! Oh Wow! Oh Wow! for 20 minutes straight, then meditate upon what you have read for however long may be necessary.

Then you should read Thaumatology cover-to-cover again.

Anything else will not be the shortest path to what you really want. I could identify multiple items out of what you listed from a single textbox but they would be selling the book very short.

High Tech is very good (and I consider it a great honor to be listed among its' playtesters) but that's the book you could hopscotch through if you didn't have the time to go cover-to-cover.

However, Thaumatology (which I also consider a great honor to be listed in) is _dense_ with all things mystical. It;'s going to take you a long time to digest it.

I've been going back to it frequently ever since it was published (after doing the cover-to-cover thing) and I think I'm just now getting ready to grapple with everything possible with its' system of Realm Magic (after possibly digesting standard Magic, variants thereof and Path/Booik Magic).
That's a very lyric description of what I expect from this book, and yet it also exactly outlines why I'm looking for a shortcut/structure too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
read the symbols, realm and syntactic sections, dig for references to spirits, look at the rest. it takes a lot to absorb some sections and others are easily overlooked such that you find new interpertations and ideas on rereading them.
Thank you.

I'm also curious if there are any parts of the book that deal with concepts of what Magery 'is'.

Last edited by Figleaf23; 08-14-2009 at 05:38 AM.
Figleaf23 is offline   Reply With Quote