Fred Brackin

Default Re: [Thaumatology] A purposive exploration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figleaf23 View Post
wer = word
os = bone
weros = truth

Hello,

I just got High-tech and Thaumatology. I've decided to read High-tech straight thru, but I thought I'd take a different approach to Thaumatology.

I'm interested in:
<snip>
In this regard, I'd like to consult the 'hivemind' -- how should I approach reading Thaumatology to take a direct route to building the above as the magical paradigm for a campaign?
You should read Thaumatology cover-to-cover, say Oh Wow! Oh Wow! Oh Wow! for 20 minutes straight, then meditate upon what you have read for however long may be necessary.

Then you should read Thaumatology cover-to-cover again.

Anything else will not be the shortest path to what you really want. I could identify multiple items out of what you listed from a single textbox but they would be selling the book very short.

High Tech is very good (and I consider it a great honor to be listed among its' playtesters) but that's the book you could hopscotch through if you didn't have the time to go cover-to-cover.

However, Thaumatology (which I also consider a great honor to be listed in) is _dense_ with all things mystical. It;'s going to take you a long time to digest it.

I've been going back to it frequently ever since it was published (after doing the cover-to-cover thing) and I think I'm just now getting ready to grapple with everything possible with its' system of Realm Magic (after possibly digesting standard Magic, variants thereof and Path/Booik Magic).