View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 05:29 AM   #23
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Sandbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch snags a chip and nods at Kyle "Marc's yes. Man, not so much, last I checked they don't have six eyes." He watches Ryuki and Sunae trade barbs "Come now, you two are friends or at least teammates. Lets have fewer ruffled feathers."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"A challenge to what? You make it sound like I've said something like that before and I have not, so stop exaggerating. Should I take a page out of your book and say that since I don't feel I have a reason to apologize I'm not going to? I could and I should, but I won't. I realize I hurt your feelings and that was never my intention. I apologize for that. I thought you knew me better than that. I was wrong. I apologize for that oversight."

"I agree with Mitch. This is not the time or the place and things have gotten awkward. I'm so sorry everyone. I can feel myself getting agitated so I will remove myself from the situation."

She gets up and gives everyone a brief nod before going to the bar. She sits at one of the stools and orders a cranberry juice.
Ryuki watches her walk away and sit at the bar. Once her back is turned to him, he waves at the bartender that he'll be picking up her tab.

"Now," he addresses mostly Mitch, "if she were an ordinary woman and I just another schmuck, my heart would prompt me to ignore her stated wish to be removed and I'd walk over there to try to make it better. But I won't, because that would be ignoring her stated wish." He sighs, and adds quietly, "she has probably heard every word I just said." He brings his voice back up to conversational level. "As it stands, I'm keeping an eye on the Lilim at the other table in case she decides to take advantage." He watches Kyle for a reaction but gets none--apparently he's aware she's there.

"There is so much I could say about this, but only to a willing audience."