View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 10:27 AM   #31
whswhs

Default Re: Psionic Powers: Question about a build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
Re-reading Blind Only, I can see interpreting it strictly mechanically. It doesn't require you _not_ to be able to see the target. It's just that being able to directly perceive the destination doesn't make things any easier for you. Mechanically, "Blind Only" just moves the default state for Warp rolls by -5 success and doubles FP (2 FP instead of 1, that is).

Imagine if the Limitation were named "Difficult Warps (-50%)". The word "blind" and the bit about coordinates can be seen as fluff text. Perhaps the Limitation is there just to make the Exoteleport ability harder to use, and also cheaper..
"Target" is ambiguous here; I think you are using it to mean Destination, but it could mean Subject.

I don't have a problem with your comments about the Destination. I'm assuming that (a) you usually will be teleporting the Subject to a Destination you can see, since you are defining it in relation to the Subject and you can see the Subject but that (b) you still define the Destination as "so many yards from the Subject in such and such direction," not as "above the middle of that swimming pool over there." Blind Only isn't about where you can see the Destination; it's about how you identify the Destination, by coordinates rather than visually.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is offline   Reply With Quote