View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 12:12 AM   #9
Tomsdad

Default Re: Agressive Parry and Targeted Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter V. Dell'Orto View Post
I might - it's so niche it doesn't seem like it's worth the points.
That's what I was thinking originally when I suggested just allowing it as is, since you'd have already spent the points on the TA tec (and probably the aggressive parry tec as well)

Maybe just have it as 1pt perk for allowing TA: (Karate punch arm) to be used on the attack portion of an aggressive parry. And have that perk only availability to styles that truly made the most use of aggressive parries. Thus further narrowing an already narrow field.

Or alternatively have the default on the parry be one lower if you're going to use a TA on the attack roll (which is the same as an extra 1 point cost to remove, and makes the point that your concentrating more on the damaging bit than the avoiding damage bit of the tec).

However as I said initially from a game balance perspective this doesn't really seem to worth that much both in terms of points and time, since the benefit is maxing out at halving the location pen on a not very damaging attack. (and one that arm and hand guards will largely negate).

But ultimately I do take you point that TA's are a narrow range of attacks not conceptionally suited to being adapted to other uses

EDIT: actually the more I think about it I'd probably just do the 1pt perk thing, as it is basically a form of 'Technique adaptation'

Last edited by Tomsdad; 10-01-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote