View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 05:50 AM   #22
Maz

Default Re: [MA] What's the virtue of using spears with Staff skill?

Thanks for not shouting at me, even if I have been pretty blunt. I don't want a mud-fight either. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtmoore View Post
If you require the rules to state everything that each skill doesn't cover, it could get unweildy very quickly.
I don't, well I am usually the GM and usually just go with what feels right, often in the players favour.

But this is for an arena game where I am NOT the GM and we try to keep things "by the rules" as it's a competition, that's why I need a very precise ruling, as it will have a big impact on several of the fighters style.

"Why not just ask the arena GM to make a ruling" -well I have posted this in there as well, but getting more responses is always better.

I do not agree that polearms can get the +2 staff parry. Guess we just have to disagree.

I do agree that weapon Adaptation has a very limited benefit for staff, spear, polearm combos. It doesn't change any stats anywehere, but allow you to just pump Staff-skill and then also pick up a halbred (for instance) and use that, using halberd-stats, with staff-skill... but then I would say, no +2 parry ;)

I had not noticed the staff listed under 2h-sword in MA. It seems weird to include them there, but then not umder spear. So I see your point.
I still think it makes sense that any long poking-weapon could use spear skill to poke though. Don't you also use spear to attack with a rifle, even if it doesn't have a bayonet?

Last edited by Maz; 05-24-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Maz is offline   Reply With Quote