View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 12:46 PM   #27
The_Ryujin

Default Re: Modern Monster Hunting Guns [XM500, MICOR Leader 50, etc.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Has the AA-12 been statted up in any GURPS supplement?
Not that I'm aware of but High-Tech does have the USAS-12 and it's basically a slightly modified AA-12 so if anything the only real difference would largely be the weight and price which is easy enough to look up. The modern AA-12 might, *might* have it's Rcl when firing slugs dropped to 2 which in turn would drop it's ST requirement to 10† but since I never fired one I can't say how much the reality lives up to the hype when it comes to how well it mediates recoil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
I'm somewhat sceptical of many of the manufacturer's claims for the weapon, especially in light of the fact that it doesn't seem that any sales of the weapon have been made to militaries, special reaction forces or police departments.
While I am too, this isn't really a fair way to determine that. Most militaries and police departments see the shotgun as a very limited use weapon and would rather get a few normal over the counter ones since they're cheap and proven then plop down hard money on some fancy new toy. And for the same reasons they've been very wary of full auto shotguns, they just don't see a reason to need one and it's very hard to prove to them otherwise.

That being said I do kinda do see a full auto shotgun having some use for a monster hunter, especially if they hunt pretty beefy monsters.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote