View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 08:40 AM   #33
TheOneRonin

Default Re: Private Game for Jericho Group - Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

Ben shakes his head.

"We never needed any two-way radios before, especially with folks all carrying cell phones."

"And I agree with you on waiting until sunrise. The 78 is a safe enough place for now. We have room for people, and we are relatively mobile. And while I can bring you into Camachee Cove on the 78, I'd rather not keep her close to shore while you guys are out looking for supplies. The further out we are offshore, the safer we are. You guys have the flare gun and can send up a flare when you are back at the marina. Then we can pull up and get you."

"While you all are out, Carlos and I can take turns keeping watch to make sure we have a fresh set of eyes at all times. I'll keep the yacht running so we can get back to shore quickly."

"Also, I'll get some supplies organized for you guys to take with you...a bit of food and some water, but it's probably best if you plan to make it back here by before nightfall tomorrow. I certainly wouldn't want to be caught out there after dark...at least not until we can figure out exactly what is going on."

"Mike, the radio is all yours, though I don't have much in the way of tools specialized for electronics. I'll bring up my tool box from the engine room if it will help."

Ben looks around the common area at the sweaty, stressed, and worried passengers on the 78.

"Look, everyone is on edge...we are tired, hot, scared, and freaked out. What we need to do now is get some rest. Let's get Carlos and his family settled in, and then we can all bunk down for the night. Once everyone's ready, I'll seal up the yacht, start up the engine, and then kick on the AC and try to get the temperature down. We all need a comfortable night's rest. It might be the last one we get...for a while."

Last edited by TheOneRonin; 07-31-2017 at 08:52 AM.
TheOneRonin is offline   Reply With Quote