View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 01:13 PM   #35
cptbutton

Default Re: Lifepaths in Faaantasy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
I don't think there's such a screed in the fantasy one, and regardless, I think it's pretty safe to say the author has renounced that anyways. I think it was the sci-fi one that was especially amusing because it had part of the exotic personality table replaced with a screed that was basically saying the world is sick.

Feel free to override things with it. I find that really weird circumstances of birth comes up way too often for my tastes, for example. I use table 114B a lot for NPCs.
I can definitely confirm that screed at the front is only in "Heroes Now!"

I don't recall about the sci-fi exotic personality table screed, but it has been a long time since I read it.

While not absolutely certain, I definitely recall it had the usual "use what you want, ignore what you don't, reroll if desired, it's a game, have fun" disclaimer you find in almost all RPG products.

An interview with the author is here. She says:
Quote:
7. What has been the most enjoyable/rewarding gaming product you’ve worked on, and why?

Enjoyable… Possibly my Central Casting series of books about creating character histories. It’s rare that a designer has full ownership of the projects they create. Central Casting had been a pet project since my earliest days of gaming in college. I played around with it for over ten years. The first book in the series about fantasy characters saw print nearly 30 years ago, followed by two more books (science fiction, and modern-day characters). The publisher went out of business nearly 20 years ago and the rights reverted to me. Time for an update, I think. Rewarding? Oddly, it may be The Dungeoneer magazines I did in college. They created the foundation for a career making games. How cool is that?