View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 10:20 PM   #23
Hide

Default Re: Passive cover bonus from shield and cloak?

First of all, thanks you guys for your comments here. In a few words, everything you have commented is useful to me.

So, I just have a few doubts to clear.

1. In B390, it says shields can only block attacks from the shield's side. It does not say anything about being double jointed (as the next paragraph says for an one-handed melee weapon). So, will double jointed actually work when trying to block attacks from the non-shield side?

2. Imagine I have a cloak and I am being attacked from the non-shield side or from behind. Let's say I decided to dodge and make the cloak provide me a passive defense bonus (penalty to hit). How would you resolve it?

3. What I happens if I quick sheathe (this is from power-ups) my weapon while I am being attacked and then I grab the cloak as a matador (or batman) to make my dodge or a block? Will this effectively yield me the DB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
(...) I am not entirely sure what errata you are referring to. (...)
To clarify what I actually wanted to point as "errata": I meant the DB from cloaks, which you cannot receive unless you employ them as "fencing shields". When I started playing, me and my party took the DB from the cloak even if we did not employ it as a shield; we even ended stacking the DB from the shield and the cloak! And well, maybe it is not "errata" but a fact you need to dig further than the basic books unless you really know how cloaks can work in combat (hence the quotes in "errata").

- Hide
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote