View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 08:36 PM   #40
Rick_Smith

Default Re: Experience Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
Aren't there rules that already double the cost of spells for non-Wizards? E.g., you have to declare yourself a Wizard or Warrior going in, and if you're a Warrior, Spells cost twice as much to learn, while if you're a Wizard, Talents cost more to learn? I mean, I realize that the rule was predicated on "IQ slots" as the controlling factor and all, but wouldn't that be likely to translate into higher XP costs under the new system? ...
Hi JLV, everyone.
Actually heroes have it worse than that. Wizards only have to pay double for talents, but a whole lot of useful talents they pay 1:1 for.

One of the things I found charming about the old TFT was that heroes and wizards were well balanced compared to each other (certainly more than D&D).
These new suggested rules do nothing to fix it, and actually make it worse given most wizards now will have a staff with several points of extra fatigue in it.

Maybe, all spells would require 200 experience points to get. That would make learning a reality warping spell, more difficult than picking up (say) Swimming.

Warm regards, Rick.
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote