View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 11:07 AM   #1
JoelSammallahti

Default Peeling off some rules - what breaks?

I'm thinking of cutting the rules down in places. I'd like some advice on what repercussions I might have missed. My planned changes:

1. Remove Hit Locations
-Armor only comes in full suits
-Gaps in armor can still be targeted
-Spells & abilities pertaining to crippling, Regrowth etc. must go

2. Remove Shock Penalties
-High Pain Threshold is now less valuable. Either a) cut its cost down to 5 pts, or b) upgrade it to an immunity to Knockdown rolls

3. Simplify darkness penalties
-Just a general -3 for poor lighting, and -6 for really dark
-Night Vision over 6 needs to be replaced with something
-Torches, lanterns etc. need to be reworked slightly

4. Remove FP (this is a big one, but keeping track of FP is too much of a hassle for me)
-Spellcasters and chi-users get some level of Energy Reserve for free
-Recover Energy and other FP-related spells affect ER only
-Fatigue becomes an irritating condition comparable to Mild/Moderate/Severe Pain; maybe just like pain, but with a Move penalty instead of IQ?
-Severe exertion (as determined by the GM) requires a HT roll against becoming Fatigued
-Fatigue attacks become Afflictions that cause the Fatigued condition; need to work out a simple replacement scheme here
-Fit, Unfit, Very Fit, & Very Unfit give modifiers to HT rolls; these are doubled for rolls to resist the Fatigued condition, whether from exertion or Afflictions

What am I missing? What rule is going to bite me in the ass if I implement the house rules above? I'm an experienced GURPS GM, but the Dungeon Fantasy RPG is new to me.
JoelSammallahti is offline   Reply With Quote