Thread: K9 enemies...
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 09:38 AM   #24
jason taylor

Default Re: K9 enemies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Rabies is horrifying. But I'd still fear the non-diseased pack of feral dogs more than a single Cujo.

I think one issue with cats is that few have experience with truly feral ones. They think they know how wildly aggressive and strong they can be when trying to get them into carriers. But in my limited experience, that is nothing compared to a true psycho/fighting for its life feral. And they are insanely fast too.
If you mean rabid ones, no. However our family adopted Tiger off the street as a pity-pet and she managed quite fine becoming something of a big sister to Princess. When she was grouchy she could claw a bit but she wasn't truly vicious though she did seem to have whatever the cat version of PTSD is.

However feral dogs used to be a plague in Middle Eastern cities, enough that "dog" is one of the greatest of insults in the Bible (the one time dogs are referred to positively, it is as a hound as you might expect).