View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 01:37 PM   #43
tbeard1999

Default Re: Fantasy Trip Glitches, Contradictions, Ambiguities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attika View Post
Have to nerf the Naginata polearm's damage. 1d6 + 2 is way WAY to much for a Str 10 weapon that you can charge with.

I remember (back in the day) a Gen Con convention I attended where they (Metagaming?) was introducing the Microquest Treasure of the Silver Dragon and I signed on to be part of a questing group taking part in an introductory play-through. You got to design your own character...

I specifically remember TWO people (in a party, I believe, of 8) who were Hobbits with Naginatas, Horse Bows, and Missile Weapon skills.

Just a tad unbalanced.
Yep, but it could've been worse. Missile Weapons is an IQ 9 talent. So, drop the IQ by 1 point and take Thrown Weapons instead. Add the point to ST, raising it to ST 11. Take Boomerang talent.

Boomerangs are equal to light crossbows (2d damage; use missile weapons range adjustment), usable at ST 11 rather than ST 12, usable every turn (Thrown Weapons allows you to ready and throw a weapon in the same turn), do an extra point of damage if a halfling uses them and get a +5 DX (!) due to Thrown Weapons talent and being a halfling.

An army of those guys could really be nasty, especially if you allowed aimed attacks.

Last edited by tbeard1999; 02-07-2018 at 08:44 AM.
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote