View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 02:07 PM   #2
Skarg

Default Re: What does "when worn" mean?

No, the grenades go off after lighting them when the fuse burns down, unless they are duds (at least 1 in 6 will be).

Darkness is not "fireproof an entire megahex radius per 1 ST for 3 turns, with an IQ 9 spell". If it were, there would not be an IQ 13 spell named Fireproofing, which is a Thrown spell (so more inaccurate), only affecting one subject, which costs 3 to cast and 1 per turn to maintain.

Darkness just suppressed artificial _light_ production. It doesn't stop the fire from burning - it just means the fire's light isn't visible. So there's smoke but no visible light, and I guess this guy thought that meant he could do your tactic, but instead the grenade blows up and sets of a grenade chain reaction.

If the GM actually wants to make Fireproofing (and many types of fire weapons) obsolete with an IQ 9 cheap wide area-effect spell, then they can run it that way and enjoy whatever antics that implies. Bad news for people who like the Fire spell, Fireballs, dragon breath, gunpowder weapons, etc., I guess. But yes it could be amusing what funny molotail and grenade antics you could pull off with it. If you really want that and also care about balance, I'd suggest adding a Suspend Fire spell of some sort for that purpose.

As for the question about "when worn", I'd say it would go out when the wearing figure is actually dead, not just dying. In original TFT, though, that would be when ST drops below 1. In Legacy TFT RAW, that'd be an hour after ST dropped below 0 (though some GMs may rule differently in some cases).
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote