View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #13
vierasmarius

Default Re: [Powers] Help with cleric auras

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
So how about "+1 Striking ST" for 5 base points:

For a total of 12 points and costing 1 Fatigue Point, the cleric can raise all striking weapons damage by +1.
As noted above, +1 Striking ST ≠ +1 damage. It gives +1 to swing weapons, but only improves thrust damage half the time (ie, damage increases by +1 for every other point of ST). Of course, that will be sufficient to give +1 to any fighter wielding a broadsword, axe, mac or similar swung weapon. So as long as you're okay with thrusting blades and missile weapons not getting a consistent boost, it will work fine.

Quote:
So...my next question is; how do I build this so the rest of the group can leave the area of effect (i.e. the 4 hexes around the cleric) and still gain the benefit for some time? Would the Persistent enhancement (+40%) help with this? Or is there a better way? Thanks for all the help so far!
With Area Effect + Emanation, you spend a maneuver to radiate your aura for one second, first making a single Will roll to activate the power, then rolling Will vs the HT of each target in the area - they can waive their resistance roll, in which case they are affected for minutes equal to your margin of success.

Also, as Kuroshima points out, you either need Affects Others on Striking ST, or to base the power on Affliction.
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote