View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 10:48 PM   #54
JohnPaulB

Default Re: Bestiary of Cidri

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpoehlein View Post
Probably not going to be a huge number of additional entries beyond what is already in ITL.
I'll be very disappointed if this is the case. Right now there is about 30 pages of beasts, races and monsters in ITL. What size are you expecting it to be. I'll take 100+ pages.

Quote:
Instead, each entry will be expanded with more information.
Expanding the information is good.

Quote:
I plan to start out by standardizing each entry (right now, stats aren't always in the same order, they may be spread out, or given at the beginning or end).
That would be wonderful.

Quote:
There will be a section for general information that describes things like what it looks like, special abilities, and any other game info about the creature.
OK

Quote:
There will be a section on habitat, that describes where one would find the creature, and what type of environment it prefers.
This is good.

Quote:
There will be a section on predators, parasites and pathogens, that describes what might prey on the creature, what its natural enemies might be, what diseases it might carry and such.
I'm not happy with having diseases in this book unless its just to give the name (like Malaria). I think to do diseases justice, it needs to be in a Book of Diseases article listing the disease, symptoms, TFT affect, duration, termination of disease or patient, cures, etc.

Predators and their prey are good.

Quote:
Finally, there will be a section that describes the creature's relationship with humans, if there are any body parts that are usable in potions or magic, and whether the creature can be bargained with, made a pet of, or anything else.
Good.

So, ultimately, the idea is to flesh out all the entries with more background and useful info to spark campaign or adventure ideas, and to make encounters more lively or realistic.[/QUOTE]

However, to get everything in a uniform order and all in one book seems ok. with cards and chits as add-ons or stretch goals.

Fantasy Chess: A chess game with combat.
Don't just take the square, Fight for it!
https://www.shadowhex.com
JohnPaulB is offline   Reply With Quote