View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 02:50 AM   #3
ErhnamDJ

Default Re: Presenting a hit location to an enemy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Someone once suggested, that for shield users, instead of using the shield to block (or to get the DB bonus), you could use it as cover to cover specific body parts. I don't remember the details though.
I think these rules from T-Bone are what you're most likely talking about.

If you wanted to use shields as cover, I'd suggest just using the regular cover rules and giving shields the 'thin slab' DR levels. But then you have to guess where the shield is. There could be a better way to figure out which areas are covered, if someone wants to come up with some house rules for that. I think you'd need to come up with something for each particular shield, and of course it would vary by person (since a 7' tall person will get different protection from the same shield than a 5'2" person).

As for presenting a certain location, I think there could be better rules for that as well. I would want to incorporate weapon reach. Maybe say that the side that's not presented counts as being +1 hex farther away, so it can't still be punctured by shortswords without moving in closer.

My blog.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote