View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Munchkin Quest .::Rules Explanation::.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitrisasp View Post
Hello fellow Munckins! I love the board game version of the game. I created this thread in order to get or give answers concerning some rules of the game. I hope I'm not misusing the forum creating this thread, given that you can just read the rule book (which I have done several times, but still have some trouble getting a clear answer).

So I begin with my questions.. :)
Asking and answering rules questions is what the forum is all about, so certainly ask away. The moderators here are great at providing official responses, and many of the rest of us will do our best job of answering your questions to the best of our ability in the meantime.

Quote:
1. I know that Helpers can interfere when they are on the same or adjacent room with the main player. Does the same apply to the non-helpers, or they can interfere from anywhere?
Note the keyword Throwable on some Items. If an Item is Throwable, such as most Potions, you can only use it from the same or adjacent rooms as the combat. Other interference cards, like most Scrolls and most DxM cards, can be played from anywhere in the dungeon.

Edit: Also note that while a player must be in the same or adjacent room to become your Helper, they must move into your room when you have agreed on terms for their Help.

Quote:
2. What happens when someone has no more bases to spare for new monster standies?
If the colour rolled has used all their bases, then they still get the DxM card. The player who rolled the monster die then chooses which remaining base colour will be used for the monster. If nobody has any bases remaining, then the highest-Level monster/s (including Enhancers) are discarded from the dungeon and their bases returned to their owners, and one of those is used for the new monster. These rules are described in step 5 of Exploring on pages 5-6 of the rules.

Edit: I note you deleted this question while I was typing up a response, I guess you found the rule yourself :)

Quote:
3. Can I use abilities that enhance my total strength or the monster's strength (curses, d10, special powers etc) after the combat dice are rolled?
No. Almost all combat effects that change combat strength of either side must be played before the roll. The only things that can happen after the roll are cards that affect the roll itself (Loaded Die and Reloaded Die) and cards that specifically say they can be played when you have won or lost a combat (e.g., Teleportation Potion). Curses, and other abilities that can be used at any time, will need to wait until the player has taken their hits for losing the combat and is about to Run Away from the monsters.

Last edited by Clipper; 01-13-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote