View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 11:49 AM   #8
Desthro

Default Re: [Limitations] Costs Character Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
No, it's a flat x1/5 and you have to spend either 1 point, 2 points, to a range between 3 and 1/5th the advantages base price depending on how appropriate this invocation of the ability is.

The number needed to power it is not something you can write down when you create the ability; it's subject to those rules (page 13) every time you try to use it.
Which is exactly what I said, even if the understanding wasn't completely accurate. So what if the rule says it's a variable CP cost depending on how it is invoked? The point is, it's a variable CP cost, minimum 1, it cuts the value if the advantage by 1/5th regardless of the amount of CP spent to activate it, and as the GM I can strictly forbid it from being used in any manner that isn't how I proscribed.

If I want to write in: Costs 1 CP, x1/5; along with all the other modifiers, I am perfectly free to do so. I could even make it say "Costs 2, 3, 4 or 5000 CP, x1/5;" if it was necessary. I could even write in multiple scenarios, Costs X CP (1 when you bring food for the players; 2 when you bring drinks for the players; 3 when you are being a moocher; and 4 if you owe someone money and haven't paid them back yet), x1/5. The point made was it's a flat x1/5 cost regardless of the number of CP spent to power the ability. Which, as you pointed out, is the GMs prerogative, as always.
Desthro is offline   Reply With Quote