View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 05:19 PM   #4
DeathDaisy

Default Re: Dimensional Projection

You could probably build it something like this:

Quote:
Planar Travel
Spell Effects: Greater Create Crossroads + Greater Transform Mind + Greater Transform Spirit.
Inherent Modifiers: Altered Trait, Extra Hit Location: "Tail".
Greater Effects: 3 (×7).

A character can project their self-awareness into another dimension. When they do so, they interact with that dimension as if their body is physically present in that dimension, but their actual body remains, inert, on their home dimension. Their projected body is altered to allow them to function in the alien dimension (e.g., they gain the ability to sense things as a native of the dimension and they are not harmed by the basic nature of the dimension, such as burning in the Elemental Plane of Fire or drowning in the Elemental Plane of Water.) Their projected body is otherwise subjected to all the laws of nature of the alien dimension. The character has a “silver cord” extending from them toward their physical body (if the current dimension has a geographical correspondence with the dimension they are in), or slowly twisting like a long tail. This cord is an additional hit location, and damaging it damages the caster or their ability to project.

Typical Casting: Greater Create Crossroads (6) + Greater Transform Mind (8) + Greater Transform Spirit (8) + Duration, 1 hour (3) + Altered Trait, Extra Hit Location: "Tail" (4) + Range, Cross-dimension (10). 273 energy (39×7).
The point cost is pretty rough, it has to be said, but this is the logic: Greater Create Crossroads to create the connection to the plane of choice, Greater Transform Mind and Greater Transform Spirit to transform your consciousness into a typical spirit that can inhabit the realm. I used this to create the "tail" disadvantage, but I pretty much eyeballed the cost, you can make it more detailed for how you envision it to work.

Again, quite rough. Not only does it cost pretty much all the energy in the world, and you are at -1 for using 3+ paths, and are rolling against your lowest one. But I think it models what you want quite well.

EDIT: Forgot the range modifier

Last edited by DeathDaisy; 06-15-2017 at 05:27 PM.
DeathDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote