View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 04:24 AM   #245
PK

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze'Manel Cunha View Post
Well, I'd opine that Low-Tech's sales were hurt by the PDF sales to forumites.
No. Even if you were to add the PDF sales numbers to the print sales numbers directly, the number of units sold would still be lower than expected. There's definitely no issue with PDF cannibalizing print, here.

Quote:
There also appears to be some confusion out there, amongst people who aren't regular forumites, about what is the Low-Tech PDF vs Low-Tech companions vs the hardcover book, as well as some confusion as to why the supplements are not part of the book.
Not really. If you picture a Venn diagram of "People who keep up on e23 releases and shop there regularly" and "People who don't visit our forums," there isn't much overlap there. Plus, there hasn't really been any confusion regarding the companions; a few people complained about them being split up, but that's a separate issue.

Quite frankly, the real issue was that the average FLGS simply didn't perceive a need for this product on their shelves. So if anyone reading this is upset that your FLGS doesn't have any Low-Tech on the shelves, please let them (not us) know that you're unhappy about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Fitz View Post
I am still hoping for an eventual release of hardbacks with a CD of the PDF or a way to purchase both for a discount.
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a simple way to do that that isn't fraught with issues. The cost and effort required to bundle a physical CD with a book is not a minor factor -- it's the kind of thing that would raise the price of said book, even if we weren't charging for the extra PDF content. And "included download codes" have been tried and simply don't work unless the FLGS keeps all of their books under locked glass. About the only way we could do it is if you ordered both at the same time through W23 and e23, but that'd be a real middle finger to the FLGS out there -- which is something we don't want to do.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote