View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 01:35 AM   #244
Palmer

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Fitz View Post
While I would love a hardback Low-Tech, it just isn't a priority since I bought a PDF early on. I am still hoping for an eventual release of hardbacks with a CD of the PDF or a way to purchase both for a discount.
I'm pretty sure there was a discussion about this at some point, and the verdict was "We have no plans to do this"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
*Is it just me or does the ostensible theme of Ticket to Ride have absolutely no relation to the actual game play, since you don't actually have to make connecting routes?
Theme and Eurogames have a rocky relationship at best.
Most Euros are designed around a mechanic first, and then a thin veneer of a theme is tacked on.
Lost Cities is a great example. The theme is all about putting together archaeological expeditions to explore lost cities for artifacts and glory.
The game itself? "Play cards in numerical order".

Another noteworthy one is Scepter of Zavandor. Young wizards have uncovered ancient magical secrets, and are now questing across the land to build knowledge, gain power, acquire magical gems, and eventually become The Archmage.
It is a reskin of an older game called Outpost, which is about building factories. In space.
MIB #5799 - Vancouver, BC, Canada, Eh?
CON SCHEDULE

August 24 - 26, 2012 - Cos & Effect, Vancouver BC
Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote