Thread: The very basics
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
Michael Hopcroft

Default The very basics

I have now played about four games of various Munchkin variants, spread out over a long period of time (a situation that clearly needs to be remedied) and I'm still a little confused about the sequence of play. In the last game I played I was told that I got to "listen at the door", and draw a card and keep it secret, before kicking down the door and fighting the monster.

Now I've read the basic rules a few times and I'm wondering where the heck the moderator got that idea. It seems weird. And it was a semi-official demo game, a place one does not expect to see houserules in play.

When I was running the game it was even worse, as I couldn't figure out what to do with treasure cards I wasn't going to use. Do they stay in your hand, or is there a place they go specifically where they are not in your hand but still available (and out in the open for all the players to see). If the latter, this should prevent treasures circulating willy-nilly among the players in charity (and prevent the lowest-level player from having an enormous hand that he in turn must divvy up in his discard phase!)

For a game with only four pages of rules, it's amazing what a person can foul up....

RIP Elisabeth Sladen 1948-2011
RIP Nicholas Courtney 1929-2011
Michael Hopcroft is offline   Reply With Quote