View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 11:41 PM   #33
Gavynn

Default Re: Lord of the Rings Elven Racial Template

I am just not comfortable with elves failing a will roll and then suddenly becoming older. To me the aging is a bit more voluntary than that, if it were going to happen. Also, I anticipated the thread would eventually venture into the nature of elven mortality based on the Glorfindel phenomena. I have read and participated in several different discussions on the subject elsewhere online, and so think that a judgment call would just have to be made for the purpose of the supplement I am writing. So my plan is for Glorfindel of Rivendel and Glorfindel Balrog Slayer to be one in the same with a footnote acknowledging the controversy and suggesting alternate interpretations. I think an elf returning from the Halls of Mandos would be GM fiat - a plot device. I don't see a need to make it a game mechanic.

Quote:
They decided it was a magic ring, a ring of power, the one ring by a process of deduction and logical steps, not by any mage sight. To almost quote one of them, "okay, we have seen a ring . so what."
And i don't believe sauron put ward on it, he certainly didn't expect to loose it.
I don't think that having the One Ring play around a bit with an elves "natural" magical detection is such a bad thing. Wasn't there a long thread on what exactly the One Ring did a while back? For the ambiguity there, I would not use it as a definitive evidence against magery 0 being an improper move.

Last edited by Gavynn; 12-30-2006 at 11:47 PM.
Gavynn is offline   Reply With Quote