View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 04:29 AM   #19
Azel

Default Re: How to avoid broadcasting Choir/Band

I'm beginning to think one of the game's unspoken... erm, let's say un-emphasized conceits is how celestials are expected to run more than one vessel. It's a great Character Point sink, helping to keep advancement rates to manageable levels. And the return is fantastic as it: a) is a fail-safe to keep you immediately in the game, b) help maintain discretion for roles, espionage, etc., and c) can open new access otherwise unreachable.

A few celestials in a city with even just a "carry-on luggage" worth of vessels has a lot of options. Throw in human contacts, friends, functionaries, blinds, etc. and you can have screens upon screens of humanity in the way. The level of machination potential could mean it'd be layers upon layers to reach the heart of a real conspiracy.

Which makes Malakim resonance actually far more important than their combat prowess, doesn't it? In the face of so many humans getting in your way, knowing who's just petty evil (most of humanity at its worst) is a frightening radar system. The ferocity matters too I'm sure, but I think it bothers demons more that getting lost in the crowds with vessels and tricks becomes less of an option when the Malakim are waved in.

A Cherubim needs to attune a nemesis target first, after heartbreaking failure. :(
A Malakim makes the white noise of humans and vessels almost impotent (well, for Balseraphs at least). ;)
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote