View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 02:35 PM   #366
Otaku

Default Re: [Speculation] GURPS 4.5e

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Red-green is the commonest, which also makes browns hard.
Isn't this why shapes are sometimes used alongside colors? Not sure how it would work with the pages, but perhaps a both the flat and the edge of the page could involve a repeated shape.

I didn't read this entire, massive thread so forgive me if I am wrong, but sometimes I think there should be GURPS Lite, GURPS Basic Set and GURPS Advanced Set (filler name, if you can think of something better let me know). There is so much wonderful information in Basic and sometimes... I think its too much. Other times... not enough. The same reason some Advantage is in GURPS Powers or that some rules are in GURPS Martial Arts... I wonder if those should apply to more of the Basic Set or maybe GURPS Lite. Please note this is off the top of my head so I've spent less than five minutes contemplating it... I just have to go do something and was afraid I'd forget if I didn't post now. =P

GURPS is such a "Do it yourself or pay us to do it for you" tool kit system (which I love!) so imagine if more of the core design was about how to do that, with just a few worked examples. Since 4.5 is purely hypothetical anyway and not happening, it might even make sense as not a replacement but an alternative to what we actually have.
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote