View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 09:09 PM   #64
lachimba

Default Re: The Dungeon Fantasy box set is great! But now I hunger for more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
I doubt it, mostly because the big work in the boxed set would be stripping down the core rules. More dungeons would use some sort of template or loose format, I suspect, like the one in the box. I have played the game and have my set, but I haven't done a detail read yet, but if it IS complete, I suspect that the kind of things you'll see will be dungeons, templates, and other things you can use easily, as-is, with the under-the-hood toolkit stuff hidden. Themed monster books. The whole point of the DFRPG box set is that it's complete.

And I disagree.

In terms of content there's still plenty to cover.

Then there's the standees etc (minis potentially ).

Then theres the chance of a box getting in the shelves and new people buying the original box.

In terms of production.

Ill give you that writing and editing are much of the time, but consider a hypothetical "next level book".

Needs to distil down several books.
Be edited.

Likely needs some new content.

Then there's art and production.

There was a huge wait this time between the books being written through a kickstarter through to me actually getting it hypothetically in October.

I give my standard disclaimer of knowing nothing about the internal SJ Games situation.

I still see that being much more than a year from start to finish.

I also see putting two boxed sets through the pipeline at the same time being an issue .
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote