View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 02:25 PM   #751
AuraDrak

Default Re: Member House Rules

Hello. I am new to the forums, and it's only because someone suggested that I post my house rules for Munchkin Warhammer 40K version. Currently, I have 3 of them. Here they are:
1. At the start of the game, each player pick 1 Army and 1 piece of gear that is for that Army only. However, unless forced to, you cannot get rid of the Army you start with. If you have an Alliance with a different Army, and your required to change/lose an Army, you must pick the other Army. If it is Change your Army, and you have only your starting Army, you are now stuck with that new Army. However, if you are forced to lose your Starting Army, you are no longer bound by this Rule.
2. If you have to Run Away, you only roll once to get away from all of them. The base Run Away is 2, but for every 3 Levels the enemies is above you and your Allies, it gets increased by 1. If you roll a 6, you run away, guarantee, and nobody can force you to reroll or escape again. If you roll a 1, you lose a Level, and deal with all the bad stuff of the enemies, unless 1 of them is for you to die, then you only lose a Level and Die. If you fail to Run Away, but roll a 2, 3, 4, or 5, you combine your Natural Level (your Level on the board) with your roll, and any Enemy whose Level after factors is less than or equal to your roll , you ignore the Bad Stuff for them, but not the rest. If forced to Run Away by a card that requires it, like with a Psyk-Out Grenade, unless you roll a 1, you are guaranteed to Run Away, even if you are losing.
Example of Rule 2: Say your Army is Ultramarines, your Natural Level is 7, and you have Power Armor, which is big, resulting in Level 14. You start the battle with a Dark Angel, which is Level 6, but has +3 against Ultramarines. Someone plays a Wondering Monster and adds Nork Deddog, which is Level 11, but gets a +4 if the Munchkin has no Big items, and +3 if used as a Wondering Monster, meaning he has Level 14, due you having a Big item. Nobody helps you, and you attempt to Run Away. On a 1, he would lose a Level, and choose if he wants to Die or Lose 3 Levels. On a 2, 3, or 4, you ignore the Dark Angel, but still deal with the choice of either Dieing or Losing 2 Levels. On a 5, you Run Away, but can be required to reroll, and on a 6, you Run Away, and don't have to reroll.
3. This only applies to Death Guard's Contagion ability. If it triggers, and you are a higher Natural Level than the Death Guard, you are immune. But, if you are the same or lower Natural Level than the Death Guard, you have to roll, and if you roll less than or equal to 1+the difference between your Natural Level and the Death Guard's Natural Level, you get infected.
Hope you all enjoy these House Rules!
Edit: I am looking for Army specific House rules to add to these, so if you have some, let me know.

Last edited by AuraDrak; 10-12-2020 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Want some help with something.
AuraDrak is offline   Reply With Quote