View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 02:07 PM   #11
MIB 1473

Default Re: 50-point Abilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Pee_Kitty
This doesn't do what you think it does. Cosmic +300% doesn't eliminate the resistance roll for a Malediction. All it does is bypass DR, which you don't need because you have a Malediction; I'd thus recommend raising this to Malediction 3 with the points you save. Now, you can add "Cosmic, Lingering Effect, +100%" so the target doesn't have a way to stop the cyclic damage once it starts. But your target still gets to resist this with his HT vs your Will to prevent the damage in the first place.
I should probably add Reliable to make the contest close to automatic instead. Even keeping it at Malediction 1,with Lingering Effect adding Reliable 20 ought to be plenty.

Quote:
And multiplicative modifiers, as presented in Powers, wouldn't change this. The rule only affects how limitations work, and you don't have any limitations on this ability.
I guess I misread it initially (possibly blinded by my long-ago idea to make character creation multiplicative - which ended up being a Bad Thing). It's kind of sad, though - I was hoping there was an obvious way (apart from GM fiat) to reign this one in.
MIB 1473 is offline   Reply With Quote