View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #10
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Re: [Worminghall, MH] Symbol Drawing and RPM

Currently, we have a lot of GURPS content in our various queues. Only Pyramid is proceding unimpeded by the priorities of other product lines such as Ogre and Munchkin. A brief rundown of everything else:
  • Awaiting late-stage production steps (art, prepress review, and/or final approval):

• GURPS Banestorm: Martial Arts
    • GURPS High-Tech: Adventure Guns
    • GURPS Locations: St. George's Cathedral
    • GURPS Martial Arts: Technical Grappling
    • GURPS Thaumatology: Chinese Elemental Powers
    • GURPS Thaumatology: Ritual Path Magic
    • GURPS Ultra-Tech (not a new edition, just a PDF revision for errata)
    • GURPS Underground Adventures
    • Transhuman Space: Wings of the Rising Sun

• Awaiting earlier production stages (mainly completion of layout):

• Discworld RPG

• In the process of being revised by authors:

• GURPS Horror: The Madness Dossier
    • GURPS Loadouts: Low-Tech Armor
    • GURPS Vehicle Design
    • GURPS Zombies

• On hold:

• GURPS After the End 1
    • GURPS After the End 2

• Currently still vapor, even if we've let the title slip:

• Girl Genius Sourcebook and RPG
    • GURPS Armourer's Handbook
(And yes, there are several other projects not mentioned here. I have at least nine on my list that I cannot discuss.)

Order of Publication: Each list is alphabetical and doesn't reflect predicted order of publication. Projects move ahead largely on the strength of size, content complexity, layout complexity, marketability, and whether we happen to have a suitable editor or artist available to tackle the work. The dates of earlier milestones (contract, first draft, playtest, final draft, editing, layout, etc.) play only a small role . . . first in is not guaranteed to be first out! A fluff-heavy final draft will be edited ahead of a rules-heavy one, a project with many tables will get a lower layout priority than one with few tables, anything with maps will move slower than anything without maps, and if we happen to have a good genre artist available, then products in that genre will pull ahead. Also, hardback books, in red above, are on a different track – when we're committed to that level of investment, we're going to prioritize the project ahead of everything else whenever possible. This last point can mean shoving back some PDFs while prioritizing others that our marketing people feel support a hardback release.
Kromm is online now   Reply With Quote