View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 08:50 AM   #10
GreatWyrmGold

Default Re: GURPS: Remnant: Fan-made rules for adventuring in the world of RWBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavefunction View Post
I'm not convinced it drains RWBY's Aura to wield that giant scythe (we calculated it probably has about Min ST 18, RWBY is probably at most ST 8 without Aura). There's an argument that that could merely be a feature of weaponry acting as Aura conduits however.
Nothing says you have to take a Costs Aura limitation. We don't know enough to say one way or another, I guess.

Quote:
Heh, true. Just thought I'd write what I know, and you might be able to make use of it.
And I appreciate it.

Quote:
That's why I like Sorcery for it, those Dust-based attacks would just be built as Alternative Abilities to the core power. They would be the signature moves, but you'd still have a degree of flexibility when necessary.
I need to look up these rules before I comment more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
...I must say that I feel that GURPS is not the right system for this. Sure, it can replicate the action on screen, but the problem is that the show is quite inconsistent and/or disregards physics a lot. Of course, if you went for a grittier feel, GURPS might suit you better.
Perhaps, but it's a system I understand. Besides, the cinematic optional rules are in there for a reason.
GreatWyrmGold is offline   Reply With Quote