View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 05:04 AM   #4
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: Doomchildren: A Recipe for Self Destruction

Importing some additional stuff from the SM thread to a place it seems like it fits better:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallor View Post
I'd second that. Thrown weapons could easily accept the rapid energy bursts of Striking ST. Though that makes the doomchildren from DF 2 able to do 1d+2 impaling at ridiculous ranges...
Doomchildren have Knife-18, but they don't have Thrown Weapon (Knife). So they might be able to fling their knife with the power of an good arrow, but they can't hit the broad side of a barn with it.

Also 1d+2 impaling isn't that much either by DF standards, though it'd probably be scary for a hoard monster ranged attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallor View Post
2. You'd think, but honestly I think the monsters in DF were built on the assumption that the adventurers had a load of Ablative DR, in similar fashion to how those other games have their heroes absorb damage---but they don't! DF PCs may be high-powered, but your team knight is probably going to be wearing mail when the doomchildren attack, and that's not going to be fair. :P
I don't know why you think the knight will be wearing mail rather than something sturdier, but DR 4 from mail means that adjacent doomchildren's blast damage won't usually hurt you if you've got full body coverage, and will only hurt a little if you don't, and their frags will be stopped cold more often than not.

The considerable cutting damage from the knife, of course, you want to avoid allowing to hit you