View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 08:08 PM   #239
Plane

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I'm not sure that higher costs would ever come up, can you give an example.
I was thinking posture/direction but on 2nd thought those are already present costs that evasion stacks with.

So I guess perhaps giving some kind of 'extra effort' options for evasion, like maybe a +2 like defenses can enjoy.

Quote:
Could you explain this more?
I suppose it would be something like, if someone could use steps to make no-attack slams, they could try that using All-Out-Defense, and then not even bother trying a Defensive Attack at all, unless Defensive Attack slams were somehow better than "step slams".

Although I guess if you used Defensive Attack's step to do a short-range slam you could use your other attack some other way (grab/punch) or maybe to do a 2nd slam.

2 slams against the same target in a single turn seems off somehow though. I wouldn't be surprised if it was banned somewhere.

Quote:
That's a fine way to do slams. I'm game.
Well the idea I had would be to add thrust-based slam damage to attackers (since it is intentional, it uses ST) and then you add the usual HP-based collision damage both ways too. This would also make slams more attractive as an attack because they're sort of biased against low-HP attackers who end up suffering more.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote