View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 08:49 PM   #2
KarlKost

Default Re: What I LOVE about GURPS

My first game was AD&D, back in the 90's with my 11-12 years.
Just about 2 years later, it came Vampire the Masquered...

All cool and fun to spend some time, but... There was something lacking (like a GM who would actually read the rules).

So, at my 15 years, in a new group "what'cha playing? GURPS? Sure I know it!"... If I said that I didnt even knew what the he'll was that they wouldn't let me play

So, my first PC in GURPS... I just let the munchkin flow out of me. A tiny SM -2 grey alien with -8 in all atributes but IQ... And a nighmarish HUGE amount of psi powers. I rather liked that guy, it was my first alien race! The psionic powers only occur during childhood (that goes for up to 500 years), and over time, as they grow old, their psionic powers decrease (until they disappear in adulthood) and are changed by massive physical prowess... Oh, and a tail grows too.

So, my first GURPS char were a psionic "fragile" infant alien

As for the books, there are plenty... But the top of the top, 3 ed cyberpunk were a revelation in my life (oh my god, can I play with machines in a sci fi? Oh my god, thank you GURPS, for freeing me from Fantasy settings!). After that, the 4ed... Man, thats a revolution in the RPG. And lately, Thaumatology has been my inspirational source
KarlKost is offline   Reply With Quote