View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 10:46 AM   #10
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Spells for creating weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedanster7000 View Post
I think I'll go with a create object clone then. Would the quality of all the weapons be cheap, with the Icy Weapon bonuses?
Depends on how "realistic" you're being, I think. Realistically, yes, a weapon made of regular ice would probably count as cheap-quality at best. But if you're doing that, you should probably discount the spell's energy cost even more, compared to Create Object, since that doesn't create cheap-quality items, and it would be unfair to charge as much for a spell that does.

Alternatively (and this is what I'd do), you could just say "to heck with 'realism', this is a wizard creating magic weapons out of magic ice!", and let them have full weapon quality. Honestly, if you're giving the Icy Weapon bonus, you're probably already beyond the realm of just "frozen water" - stabbing someone with an icicle just below the freezing point of water is not going to add +2 damage to whatever impaling damage the icicle would do.

Actually, you could make the spell a bit more interesting by making the cost variable depending on the weapon quality: something relatively low for cheap-quality, slightly higher for good, and expensive for Fine or even Very Fine.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote