View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #6
DAT

Default Re: DF Mega-Dungeon Game for a Convention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter V. Dell'Orto View Post
I'd start at the dungeon door.

Also, 4 hours for a mega-dungeon? That's . . . pretty short. Even if they spend only 15 minutes per room/encounter/situation, you only need 16 rooms/encounters/situations.
Yes, I was going to point them at their target (the cell the lord's son is being held). My first cut has 20 rooms in the immediate area they are travelling to, but they only need to visit 8-10 if they stay focused.

Quote:
My dungeon has seen 21 sessions all twice as long as yours, and they've only hit like 100 rooms the whole time. A lot of that is because I keep making them start in town (effectively at the dungeon door, though) and go back through, but it's also because GURPS combat takes some time and it's lethal enough that even minor encounters can suck up some session time and use up resources, shortening the overall trip.
How long does your crew spend in town gathering rumors and planning? I find that easily fills 1 to 2 hours.

Quote:
I'd make it a big dungeon, sure, but make sure they have very specific clues about that lord's son, so they realize there are distractions (Profitable and interesting ones!) that can take them away from their objective.
Yes, I was going to give them a map and journel entries to point them at the cell the lord's son is being held. The journal entries were also going to point out where there was an alter with a big treasure (including an artifact), just a short distance away ...

-Dan
DAT is offline   Reply With Quote