View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #20
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)
Default Re: Android GURPS character generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
Honestly, I think what would make sense is using the .gcs files that GCS generates as a sort of standard. Get a sort of collective project together; write a program for iOS that handles .gcs files and one for Android, both using Dropbox (or some similar tool) to be able to update and send back sheets. That way, you could build the character on GCS, save the file to Dropbox, load it on iPad or Xoom (or a Droid or iPhone), add experience, buy a skill, save, and reload it back on GCS on the desktop later.

As a mobile developer for my day job, and someone who thus has Way Too Many Devices, I'd love to be able to load up a .gcs sheet on my iPad or eee Pad without having to save it as a PDF and just mark it up in iAnnotate or similar tools.
Given that GCS is written in Java, that .gcs files are xml files, and that Android is programmed using the Java language (though it does not run Java bitecode), it should not be too hard to get some viewer for GCS files running on Android (I plan on trying, if no one gets there before me)
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote