View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 08:34 AM   #10
Nikolai

Default Re: Proper bonus add progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith
Not sure about AoA Strong's +1/die, but I would base it on the final dice of damage, as calculated from the Dice + Adds rule. Again, this is mainly for convenience, so you don't have to track two different damage values for a weapon (the base dice and the modified dice of damage).
I strongly disagree. That would mean that when using the optional rule on converting adds to dice, AoA (Strong) becomes much more useful.
The official way to do it is to add *everything* including Weapon Master damage boni and AoA boni before converting adds to dice. (P. B269 is quite explicit: "If a modifier is given "per die of damage," apply it per die of basic thrusting or swinging damage, before you convert adds to dice.")
And yes, that means that it isn't always a straight +2 or +1/die for AoA (Strong) because you have to consider if another +3 or +4 of adds are necessary for the next die. I agree that this can be a hassle in the heat of combat action in play. That is why I have added a "damage with AoA (Strong)" column on my character sheets.

Last edited by Nikolai; 12-31-2006 at 08:48 AM.
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote