View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 02:54 PM   #1
martinl

Default Dag's Discount Henchmen: A Healer

"Dag, cut the shennanigans. I said we needed a Healer for this delve, and that's well ... "

"A healer?"

"No, smart ass, that's a Heeler. A dog that herds cows and sheep by nipping at their heels. Gods know we could use one of those now and then, but what we really need at moment is a healer – at least until Suntemple gets back from her retreat, and maybe even after that the way she keeps getting knocked out, down, and over by various beasties."

"A heeler is a dog that bites heels? That's kind of cool, actually. But that's not why I brought him Yvor, this doggo is the genuine article. He's a Gooooood boy, trust me. When have I ever steered you wrong?"

"You really want me to get out the list Dag?"

"No, actually I don't. Now let me introduce you to Hank..."

Hank is a 125 pt henchman, appropriate for a party that lacks a healer but really needs one. Since his cost of living is low (he creates his own food, and sleeps in alleys to keep poor orphans warm), he will sign on for $300/wk, which he will use for charity.

Hank
125pt. Good Boy

Hank was a street dog who had a revelation when a passing holy woman asked him "Who's a Good Boy then?" Hank realized it was ... him. HE was the Good Boy! Ever since, he's been working tirelessly to help folks, both human and canine. Delving is just one way to get resources for his real calling, but it is an effective one. And hey, if a few Bad Boys get snuffed in the process, so much the better.

His holy symbol (on his collar, and tarnished enough that only close examination will reveal it's quality) is his power item. It holds 4 FP.

The following description plays a bit fast and loose with the rules, but generally errs on the side of making Hank roughly equivalent to human henchman. If you want to stick tenaciously to the rules, either pass on Hank or use the G-game to stat him out completely. (Being a dog is a lot of ads and disads, and clutters up a sheet a lot.) In general, let him use his stuff for healing as if he was a human (it helps that Holy healing doesn't really need to make sense), cast spells, and think deep thoughts, but otherwise treat him like a dog. (He doesn't have hands, he can't talk, smells terrible when wet, etc.)

ST 9 [-10]; DX 11 [20]; IQ 12 [40]; HT 11 [10].
Damage 1d-2/1d-1; BL 16 lbs.; HP 9 [0]; Will 12 [0]; Per 12 [0]; FP 11 [0].
Basic Speed 5 [-10]; Basic Move 6 [5]; Move 5.
Dodge 8; Parry -; Block -

Advantages
Discriminatory Smell [15]
Energy reserve (Holy) 3 [9]
Healer 2 [10]
Power Investiture 5 [50]
Sharp Teeth [1]

Disadvantages and Quirks
Charitable [-15]
Compulsive Generosity [-5]
Honestly [-10]
Selfless [-5]
Wealth (Struggling)[-10]

Heals by licking the wound, sunbolts start as glowing eyes then zap out - "Laser Eye Dog"[-1]
Sniffs genetalia, then offers a paw to shake, as an introduction [-1]
Not a hound - will look at you confused if you try to get him to track something [-1]
(Confused sizways head tilt)[-1]
Can read and understand common, but talks dog – but speak with animals works on him[-1]

Skills
Brawling- 12 [2] (bites for 1d-3 cut)
Diagnosis-12* [2]
First Aid-14* [1]
Innate Attack (Sunbolt)-12 [2]
Panhandling-12 [1]
Religious Ritual-10 [1]
Scrounging-12 [1]
Search-11 [1]
Stealth-10 [1]
Surgery-9* [2] – Cannot use surgical tools, teeth penalize him -3 – but can try in an emergency
Theology-10 [1]
Veterinary-12* [2]
* Includes +2 for Healer.
Spells
Create Food -15
Create Water -15
Instant Neutralize Poison -14
Major Healing -15 [2]
Minor Healing -15
Neutralize Poison -15
Recover Energy -15
Sense Evil -15
Sunbolt -15
Stop Bleeding -15

Equipment
$500, 15lbs. (no enc)
Leather collar $5, 1lb
Dog Saddlebags (as backpack, but holds only 20 lbs, contains healers kit) $45, 3lbs
Healers Kit $200, 10lbs
Holy symbol, Blessed (on collar) $250, 1lb
martinl is offline   Reply With Quote