View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 06:25 PM   #11
Bleyn

Default Re: Awful Green Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I have always wanted to do it as a LARP at a con or something. Complete with random weapon effects.
I've dreamed of seeing/participating in a LAGT (Live Action Green Things) event at a con for neigh on a score of years now.

Random weapon effects would be fun to role-play, especially with the increased likelihood of multiple untried weapons being used on Green Things together. (Do you really expect that much cooperation at a con event game).
"A fire extinguisher and a comm beamer are being fired into the engine room together. It's grow... Grow, Green Things, Grow.".

Having an ever rotating cast of Green Things could allow for a lot of attendee participation. "I'm sorry, the crew is full, but we'll need more Green Things any minute now.".

I just wonder if you could get away with charging cans (six-packs?) of Zgwortz (or equivalent) as "admission". Hey, you need to get the props somewhere. Bring empties and someone will complain. Bring full cans and someone will inevitably drink one, no matter what you say (and then probably complain they don't like that flavor). Crowd sourcing just makes it more fun and random. You just need to keep people from actually throwing them.

Q: Why did Cthulu cross the woad?
A: To eat the other Sidhe.
Bleyn is offline   Reply With Quote