View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 11:54 AM   #3
Knockman

Default Re: Suggested terrain for Ogre Miniatures?

When I play Ogre Minis, I tend to use my Hexon stuff - an example pic is my profile shot here <-------

So I can sort of replicate Ogre boardgame layouts to a degree. But I tend to aim for a bit of a mix-up of terrain items but still have one item as the priority.

(E.g., I may have a hex with some woodland scrub added to it (lichen/scrubpads torn up with foliage flock glued on) but a Main Building denotes this is a Facility as a Game Objective.)

As LOS is irrelevant, you can really overload your tabletop with terrain for creating a spectacle. Or if you prefer it clean, just keep it simple to reflect an aesthetic representation of the land you're fighting over.

My main task I'm still working on is to adequately represent Urban terrain. I'm thinking of a base-layer hex, to then have building models that are placed on it, perhaps even held in place by micro-magnets/steel paper. That way the terrain can be shuffled about to accommodate the miniatures - even have replacement ruins/rubble.

E-mail Contact: tiffingames@gmail.com

BGG Link: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamee...ponsored-count

Update: 8th June 2018 - officially formatted S&TO Rules Version 3 now available on this website.
Knockman is offline   Reply With Quote