Thread: OGRE IN ITALY
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 12:30 AM   #46
Leonidas
Banned

Default Re: OGRE IN ITALY

++++++++++++
Leonidas reporting.

The HQ ordered a take and hold mission. Our intelligence identified three main objectives, an antenna for relay communications, a nuclear reactor, and an administrative building. Combine forces were ahead, presumably with the same purposes.

We had an army assembled with 1 Pikeman, 1 Ogre Mk V, and many infantry. Our line of reinforcements was cut and armor units did not arrive (I forgot all the tanks and GEVs at home, and we changed the composition of the forces, ehm....).

Despite this unfortunate event, which seems to have affected the Combine forces too, the battle deserved to be fought. Infantries took advantage in the cities and swamps surrounding the objectives. Some buildings got damaged and civilians were killed because of spillover fire, the Pikeman and the Combine Mk I proved to be almost useless once their main battery was damaged.

As ancient knights jousting around the battlefield, the two gigantic Ogres dueled in the proximity of the antenna towering over them.

The battle was fierce, we used all the ordinance, but no side could claim a clean victory of the scenario in time (my wife interfered with my battle plans...).

On a final note, superheavy tanks (with optional rules) are much more durable than Mk Is. Advise the automated factory AF-011 immediately and accordingly.

Leonidas out.

++++++++++++

P.S It was simply incredible how we managed to enjoy a game even if I forgot all the armor tokens at home. So we decided to use the MkVs I had in the box.
We consider Ogre to be the perfect game. It is simple, it always works, and the player has everything under control. We still do not understand how this can be, but it is really amazing.

Last edited by Leonidas; 01-29-2018 at 01:41 AM.
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote