View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #8
Refplace

Default Re: 'Godlike' using GURPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
A Talent's powers can go away or become unreliable if they become depressed, disheartened, etc.; they are very linked to the Talent's psychological state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
Treat "Talent" as a power source with the weakness that your power can be interfered with by a failed resistance check against interaction skills (which counts as "Mundane Countermeasures"). Give each Talent an exotic advantage, and you're good to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
Except that's not the case. It was specifically other Talents, not anybody mundane no matter their skill in psych warfare, who could spend Will to prevent you using your powers on them. For GURPS and general purposes of play, though, I think a Quick Contest works better.
The quoted material above is I think why that suggestion came up.
I am not familiar with the source material but if you can break a person confidence or depress them enough there powers get weakened or wont work at all I agree with David Johnston2s idea as to mundane countermeasures.
Mundane countermeasures are not always easy to implement but are based on almost anyone can possibly put up a counter with preparation.
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote