View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 09:55 AM   #222
larsdangly

Default Re: Experience Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by platimus View Post
This was my original thought as well but larsdangly posted (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=159774) that the NPCs in T's Lair (PDF) had been restat-ed. I am now leaning back to that original thought and yours.
Yes, there is definitely a lot of new material being folded in, such as new talents and the large number of talents possessed by some NPCs (implying there is a new rule for defining how many talents you can have). And, the stat blocks are greatly revised, chopping as many as 12 points of the totals for some NPCs. Plus there are a bunch of small new rules we already see in Melee/Wizard (such as the revised armor table, and the new rule for polearm charge damage). So, I'd say we are getting a game that is structurally the same (yeah!) but also significantly revised in some of its mechanics (so far also 'yeah!').

I not sure why we haven't heard a response re. my queries about the Tollenkar's Lair stat blocks. I recently saw a reposting of Steve's draft of the experience and advancement rules, and it reinforced my confusion over what I'm seeing - either the max stat total issue was revised further without our hearing of it, or the intent is that there is something special about Tollenkar and most of his sidekicks that lets them work around the system limits, or ... some other explanation not worth speculating about. I suppose it will be clarified one way or another in a few weeks.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote